Lord Finesse hasn’t released an official studio album since 1996 project The Awakening, but the New York hip hop legend is keeping himself busy and continues to deliver his fans the sound they love. In 2012, Lord Finesse teamed up with Slice-of-Spice Records and released Funky Man: The Prequel, a blast from the past mixing project that would remix 11 of his original tracks.
The “funky technician” is at it again.
Next month, Finesse will be combining three SP1200 projects into one enormous release of fresh cuts and remixes. The LPs, titled A Re-Awakening (2-disc), DAT Signature Sound and E-mu EP, will resurrect Lord Finesse’s signature style on the breaks that was glorified on The Awakening.
Today marks your first chance show Finesse some love and pre-order the project. Click here to subscribe to the Slice-of-Spice Newsletter and earn yourself a complementary pre-order link. More details from Lord Finesse’s Facebook page:
Finally the day has arrived!!! Today kicks off the Pre Orders for The SP1200 Project.. Take time to register Slice Of Spice Records to receive the pre order link for the following Lord Finesse – SP1200 Project: A Re-Awakening..
Here’s the following subscription link….
Please pay attention to the following details:
– Pre-orders start at 9am TODAY this morning in the US (2pm for UK/Europe and 11pm for Japan/Australia)
– The special edition t-shirts, will ONLY be available in the ‘Collectors Set’ and ‘CD Bundle’ packages. (One time only print run with the special 3M reflective ink)
– Shipping date for direct SOS orders = 7.14
– Worldwide release through retailers = 7.28
The following Project Release will include the following…
– SSR-043 – The SP1200 Project: A Re-Awakening (x2LP)
– SSR-044 – The SP1200 Project: DAT Signature Sound (LP)
– SSR-1200 – The SP1200 Project: E-mu EP (10” Picture Disc)
– SSR-CD004 – The SP1200 Project: Deluxe Editions (x2CD Gatefold Mini-LP)
– T-Shirt – Special Edition 3M Reflective Ink Press/Front & Back Screen Prints
– Limited Edition Print – Double Sided
What are you waiting for? Subscribe and pre-order!
Also be sure to keep your eyes peeled throughout the week, as Rhyme Junkie is set to profile Lord Finesse in this week’s artist spotlight.