The Magic and Sire Spirits: A great team
On January 31, the Orlando Magic made a big announcement: they've partnered with Sire Spirits, a company that makes fancy wine and spirits started by Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson. This partnership will last for several years and should be a win for both sides.
J.T. McWalters, who works at the Magic, said he's really excited:
"The Magic are happy to work with Sire Spirits, and we're glad to have them as part of our team. Both of our companies are focused on being the best, and we're excited to work together and help our local community."
What's included in the deal?
So, what's this partnership all about? Here's what you need to know:
1. Official Spirit: Sire Spirits is now the official drink of the Orlando Magic. You'll see their fancy drinks at Magic games and events.
2. Special bars and lounges: Imagine this: Bars and lounges with a Sire theme popping up at the Magic's Kia Center arena. It's like a special area just for your taste buds.
3. Big screens: When you're watching the Magic play, keep an eye out for Sire Spirits on the big screens. They'll be there, cheering along with you.
4. Online content: Get ready for some cool stuff online. Sire Spirits and the Magic will make content together that fans will love.
5. Helping the community: It's not just about basketball. Sire Spirits, through 50 Cent's G-Unity foundation, will do things to help the community. They'll host events for charity and help out in neighborhoods.
50 Cent's spirits business
For 50 Cent, this isn't his first time doing something like this. He started Sire Spirits in 2014, and it's been successful. They make good drinks like Le Chemin du Roi Champagne and Branson Cognac. And it's not just basketball – Sire Spirits has also worked with the NFL and Major League Baseball.
But it hasn't always been easy. In 2022, Sire Spirits had a problem when someone who worked for them was accused of stealing money. The courts said Sire Spirits did nothing wrong, but it was a tough time.
So, next time you're sipping a fancy drink, remember 50 Cent and the Orlando Magic. It's a partnership that's making a big splash!